TomTom Map support: Get 24*7 help
We release maps once every quarter to keep you updated with all the changes happening around that period. To update your GPS device, you need TomTom Home installed on your computer. It is quite easy to update the maps by following the on-screen prompts after running the update tool. However, sometimes due to miscellaneous reasons the device is unable to update. You would require our TomTom map support in those situations.
Some of the common questions with which we help our customers:
- I have a new GPS device how do I start using it?
- I just got a new map, what to do now?
- I want to buy an update on my map.
- How to update the map for which I already have a subscription?
- I want to purchase a new map of a different region.
- How do I check my map subscription?
- How do I know whether my map is up-to-date?
If you have these questions in your mind or having any trouble with the GPS device you need to contact our customer support.
TomTom software update: For smoother performance
Our GPS devices are amazing for taking you to your destination safely. It comes with the latest maps and software when you purchase it. However, with time the maps become obsolete and software outdated. The performance of your GPS device starts dipping slightly. To cope up with it, we release the TomTom software update regularly. The device hardware is completely dependent upon its software for proper working.
Most of the time your GPS device is running multiple programs in the background simultaneously. It takes a toll on the device performance in the long run. Software updates provide smoother performance by removing bugs and adding the latest functionalities. We make continuous improvements to keep our customers satisfied.
- The software update will upgrade your device with the latest operational instructions.
- Get new features with an enhanced user experience.
- It optimizes the device processor and drivers performance.
- Keep the device working for longer with the software update.
Update your TomTom GPS for efficient driving
Update your TomTom GPS device for efficient and safe driving. You can be carefree when you have the latest maps and software installed on Satnav. We are with you throughout your journey, along with the twists and turns. Plan, explore, share and relive your journeys with the pictures you took on the way.
Roads and addresses change up to 15% in a year. As a rule of thumb, it is a good idea to check for device update once every 3-months. Even if you don't travel far, it is a good idea to update the device. You don't want to be adding time to your journeys without any reason. An updated device provides you with the most efficient routes, saving you fuel as well.
Another big reason to update the device is improvement in performance because of software updates and bugs fixes. Plug your device into the computer or WiFi (for supported device) and drive with the latest maps.
Installing TomTom Home: Update maps & software
Installing TomTom Home on your computer is necessary for updating maps & software. Follow the instructions according to the operating system of the computer.
- Open the computer and run your favourite browser. Search for TomTom Home by typing in the search bar.
- After getting the results, click on the link to open the page.
- Save the file on your computer by clicking on the download button.
- Run the file once the download process is complete.
If you accidentally closed the file locate it by searching in the download folder. You can also download it again.
- Choose your language for the installation.
- Click OK on the installation wizard of TomTom.
- Read and end the user-licence agreement.
- Click next to install in the standard folder. You can change the folder according to your liking by clicking on change.
- Click yes on the user account control messages.
- Click finish after the installation is complete.
- Open the Safari browser on your computer. Search by entering TomTom Home in the search bar.
- After getting the result click the link. The file would be saved in the download folder of your computer.
- Double click the downloaded file for starting the installation.
- Click continue when the installer opens.
- Agree to the terms of software agreement use.
- Click continue > agree > install.
- Enter the admin password of the computer.
- Click install > finish after the process is complete.